Beyond Meds: Meditation and brain neuroplasticity, The other side of Mental Health Science — Steve Morgan
- Do people suffer from psychiatric disorders/diseases or do people experience varying degrees of human suffering in their own idiosyncratic ways? — Tim Desmond
- Undiagnosing myself
- Anatomy of an epidemic — Robert Whitaker
FWD/Forward: In which homework is assigned
- Guest Post: Disability and Asexuality
Cat in a Dog’s World: Missing in Causation Talk: Actual Autistics
WITsend: Calling all men who tech – time to speak out for female colleagues
Shapely Prose: Straw Feminist Weekly: The jealous bitch
Reclusive Leftist: House Democrats pass healthcare reform for men
- Sometimes it’s good to pause and remind ourselves that the wingnuts really are fucking batshit insane (open thread)
Retrieverman’s Weblog: Another look at the Goyet cave “dog”
Rolling Around In My Head: Shopmobility, part one
NTs Are Weird: Collateral Damage in the Health Care Debate
LAST WOMAN: #40. Whose Honor Guard? An Open Letter
Whose Planet Is It Anyway?: Protesters Attacked by Flying Burrito Wrap
Furious Seasons: Atypical Nation: Abilify TV Ad Targets Women
- The Zyprexa Chronicles: Zyprexa Good For Teens, Packs On The Pounds In Short-Term Trial
- Fort Hood Shooting: Army Psychiatrist Kills 12, Wounds 31, Fuller Torrey Silent
- “Once Diagnosed, Never Undiagnosed”
Also: something from Reuters about Depakote. Almost literally “just in”.
(Found this from Furious Seasons).
And Other Fancy Stuff’s Being a girl in CS doesn’t suck.
(Pamela Fox works for Google and does these terrific presentations.)
Thanks for the links. I was interested to see that “federal prosecutor for the Western District of Virginia is conducting the probe for the U.S. Justice Department”–satisfying in a way, since that’s my old stomping ground.
Good to see more perspectives from women in CS/IT. Reports from people I know vary a lot, as does the amount of blatant sexism they’re running into on the ground; part of that is perception, I’d imagine. I’m still pretty irked at the pay gap–if anything, more blatant because employers have a hard time doing the old job title switcheroo, AFAICT.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 32 other followers
Please support The Loud Hands Project
From Lindsay at Autist's Corner.
Blog at WordPress.com.
Theme: Vigilance by The Theme Foundry.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.